Thursday, April 11, 2013

Postcard from the Islands, Inverness


I found this postcard in one of Jacksonville's antique stores. The Islands, Inverness  is in Scotland I just found out.

Unfortunately there is no date or postmark so I'm not sure when it was delivered, or if it even was. It's addressed to Mrs. Chas Caine, 67 Westland Ave, Boston, Mass.



A short walk from
the base you may see
for yourself.
yours rec'd other
day will answer
shortly.   C. Edw.

 The mention of a base made me think that the mysterious C. Edw. must have been a military man. I did a little searching and discovered that Inverness was used by the US Navy during WWI as part of the laying of the Northern Barrage. This might put a date on the postcard.

I haven't been able to figure out who Mrs. Chas Caine is either.

If you recognize these names as being in your family, as always drop me a line.



Leslie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...